EcoLOGIC One Step Cleaner- Sanitizer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyberErik

Reaction score
This product uses hydrogen peroxide to clean and, apparently, sanitize.

http://www.ecologiccleansers.com/one-step.php

Their website says that it can't be called a sanitizer because they never went through the scientific rigors or expense to get called a sanitizer.

The product pages on consumer websites have a bunch of user reviews from brewers who claim good results of this stuff as a sanitizer.

I didn't realize that this was not a sanitizer, so I used it to sanitize for a recent batch. Now I am very worried about contamination.

Anyone weigh in here?

I have been using One-Step as a sanitizer, and rinse with hot tap water for 6 years without contamination/infection. :mug:

I didn't realize that this was not a sanitizer, so I used it to sanitize for a recent batch. Now I am very worried about contamination.

Anyone weigh in here?

I used it once or twice when I was new to homebrewing. No contamination.

Once I started using StarSan, I found it to be much easier, you can re-use it and I keep a 5-gallon food-grade bucket about 1/2 full of it handy to dunk stuff in. A spray bottle filled with StarSan is one of the most useful bits of brew gear.

Back