eBIAB ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewbien

Reaction score
So... I did something stupid and turned on my eBIAB system to boil some water and forgot about it. When I remembered, I went to my basement to find a non-function eBIAB system and a 90% empty pot with the element exposed to air. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

I ordered a new element but the system won't turn on at all. The pid, the buttons, nothing. That makes me think there is something else that needs to be fixed as well.

You will likely need to use a multimeter and start checking from your power source onward. But first, have you checked the breakers and GFCI to make sure they haven't tripped?

The breaker wasn't tripped. I unplugged everything this morning, checked the fuses and plugged it all back in and it's working. Not sure if I damaged the element or not but it does work and even gets up to a boil still. Problem solved I guess. Thanks for the suggestions.

The breaker wasn't tripped. I unplugged everything this morning, checked the fuses and plugged it all back in and it's working. Not sure if I damaged the element or not but it does work and even gets up to a boil still. Problem solved I guess. Thanks for the suggestions.

What kind of element was in there???? I'd buy stock in that company. :)

Sent from somewhere to someone

Back