Eazy Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
In keeping with my eazy beer format (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easiest-beer-i-have-ever-made-recipe-208450/)

I walked into the LHBS and came up with an Eazy Pale Ale Recipe.

Extract
4.0 lbs of Pale Liquid extract
1.0 lbs of Pilsner dry extact
1.0 lbs light dry extract.

Hops
.50 Cluster at 60 minutes (This is what I had left over from a previous brew and it IBU fit so, I used it. 33 IBU's total)
1.0 Cascade at 30 min
1.0 cascade at 15 min
1.0 cascade at 0 minues. ( used home grown leaf hops for this step, excellent aroma)

Safe Ale 05

I used the same process as my Easy Amber Wheat I linked to above, except I used more tap water as opposed to RO water. I still used the RO water in the carboy to cool the wort to fermentation temps, but almost all the boil water was tap water.

I used the pilsner dry extract in an effort to lighten the brew some.(6.5 srm color) I wanted something that wouldnt put off a BMC beer drinker.

Here is the result:

P1080317.jpg

Pic makes it look darker than it really is.

I have found I like alternating between an all grain and an extact brew. My Eazy extract method is pretty dialed in and I have always made good beer. I get more adventurous with the all grains, going with lagers and specialty malts.

Enjoy. :mug:

I dunno about aging. Its a really good beer right now. These home grown cascades I dumped in at flameout smeel other worldly. (assuming cascades can be classified as such) I like this better than the Easy Amber Wheat and its ready quicker.

Had a deck party last nite, served this up, and more people drank this than I thought. Sever people who are hard core BMC drinkers made many trips to he keg. Friend of mine who had his appendix removed two days ago couldnt help himself, made a nbe of trips to he keg. Some friends who just came from a wel known micro bew pub loved it as well.

1.0 lbs of Pilsner dry extact

I used the pilsner dry extract in an effort to lighten the brew some.(6.5 srm color) I wanted something that wouldnt put off a BMC beer drinker.

If this is not available locally, what would be a good substitute? Extra Light?

KillJoy

I think plain extra light DME looks a lot like the pilsen DME. But they have a light pilsen DME as well. My wife used that one in her Belgian white.

If this is not available locally, what would be a good substitute? Extra Light?

KillJoy

I think plain extra light DME looks a lot like the pilsen DME. But they have a light pilsen DME as well. My wife used that one in her Belgian white.

Yes, plain extra light would work. Pils is what the LHBS had. Like I said I wanted something lighter, but still considered a pale ale. This brew went over quite well with the ladies. ( at least those who prefer not to drink dark or bitter brew)

Friend of my wifes has come down with the swing top liter bottle I gave her twice now. :rockin:

I just tried a cascade with an all extract pilsen.Perfect.Nothing more and a great beer.Easyto make easy to drink and cascades are star of the show.Proves you can make great all extract beers.After a few dozen steeping grains or and partial mash this turned out better than expected.I also used nottingham @60 deg Pitched a little higher rate also.

Latest posts

Back