Easy Homebrewing - Second Addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-W5YMjwAwk&feature=related"]YouTube - Easy Home Brewing - Second Addition 1[/ame]

Good thing there's a 2nd 'addition', I've been eagerly awaiting more brewing videos from our buddy CraigTube! :D

"It's harder for the yeast to be hydrated with a thicker solution"?????? I don't care if his beer tastes awesome, don't make a video if you don't know why it works.

Seriously, I watched both parts and all four parts of the previous one. They were hilarious. I also listened to his music until I wanted to stick pencils through my ear drums.

These are funny to watch, though I wouldn't point anyone who didn't know what they were doing already to these videos.

I also find the "Addition" instead of Edition quite amusing.

Some of the video responses and comments to his first series of videos are classic. I don't know whether to laugh or cry that some people think this is the epitome of GOOD homebrew.

I made it through almost 4 minutes, right up until he opened what I thought was going to be a Diet Coke. Maybe I'm snobbish, but that plastic twist-off cap said it all again on this dude.

I love how he emaphsized the whole 2 cans of malt extract. You wild man, you. Back off before you hurt somebody.:drunk:

I bet his dentist is pissed he stole his waiting area music.

"No need to boil it at all after you add your ingredients" Wow Craig, and you've used just hot tap water from the faucet before?

Oh no, he forgot his feathers and pet hair on this one.:rolleyes:

All things condidered though I thought this was 9999999 times better than his first one. He didn't use "adjunct", said that you need to clean the can opener first and there was something else that he pointed out but i dont remember and im not sitting back through that again to find out.

Well I like that he is upping the malt content. I also don't have a big issue with using PET bottles to bottle the brew, as long as it holds pressure... why not?

Should boil the brew for at least 10 minutes just to sanitize it, otherwise I don't think it a really bad procedure for cheap extract beer.

awwwww shiiiittttttt.

Well, I'll hold my tongue this time around.....for now.

But I am glad to see that he didn't pitch avian plumage with his yeast this time.

I so have to try this guy's method the second time around. The first time I'm sure the brew wouldn't have been fit to fill my toilet tank during a water outage.

My last pre-hopped extract experiment went surprisingly well. I should have added some aroma hops, since I lost all the aroma while steeping at 200*F for 10 minutes to sanitize my wort chiller, but otherwise it actually came out really good!

Yah know, the guy enjoys making and consuming his homebrew. I for one respect that. However the interweb thingy now means every tit with a connection thinks that every other tit with a connection wants to hear about their half-assed brewing methods, philosophies on life, and amateurish home made music.

BTW, skip on over to my homepage for some amateurish homemade music. I wore a saggy "BUM" sweatshirt during all recording and production phases. :rockin:

Watching this guy brew makes me embarrassed to use extracts. :tank:

You use extract? OMG! Where is your kitchen video and cheesy t-shirt?
:D

"I found the BEST beer glass, it was only like one dollar..."

I love this dude, makes me feel uber technologically advanced!

can you link a site for me?

Actually "The interweb thingy now means every tit with a connection thinks that every other tit with a connection wants to hear about their half-assed brewing methods" is the title of my new series of videos. I figure since I'll be brewing my third batch of extract this weekend it's time to share my immense experince with all you noobs.

Actually "The interweb thingy now means every tit with a connection thinks that every other tit with a connection wants to hear about their half-assed brewing methods" is the title of my new series of videos. I figure since I'll be brewing my third batch of extract this weekend it's time to share my immense experince with all you noobs.

awesome. can you set up an RSS feed for me and others so we can stay updated to your progress?
Also, do you have a newsletter?

awesome. can you set up an RSS feed for me and others so we can stay updated to your progress?
Also, do you have a newsletter?

I am planning a hardcopy newsletter. Production is complicated though. It needs to be laminated because you'll get overexcited when reading it.

I have never noticed my dark beers being any "thicker" than my blondes. Is a Duvel "thicker" than an Oktoberfest? Hrmmm, ponderin' this one

ok, I just watched the second video and I could swear he said "watch my bodily video"......ummmmmmmmm no thanks.

And I actually learned something from this. I didn't know that darker wort and was thicker than lighter wort. :)

And I dont know about you guys but I can ALWAYS smell the wort, he is amazed that he can.

I have never noticed my dark beers being any "thicker" than my blondes. Is a Duvel "thicker" than an Oktoberfest? Hrmmm, ponderin' this one

Dude, rewatch the video. You're obviously not scraping everything out of that second can!

ok WOW!!!!! This is one of the ones that was reccomended after watching that.

[youtube]GMg03TKoiw8[/youtube]

Edit--- ok oh in the hell do I embed a youtube video?

Ok I finally figured it out

Guys, I OWN that spatula that he is using... I have to start scraping the cans with it, I am sure I will see an improvement in the thickness of my wort! I love the taste of canned hops too... I am going to try canning my own next summer!

Guys, I OWN that spatula that he is using... I have to start scraping the cans with it, I am sure I will see an improvement in the thickness of my wort! I love the taste of canned hops too... I am going to try canning my own next summer!

Never too late to learn. You just had to open your mind.

Went to CL and found a speedy rooter guy selling off his van and business.. I wonder if he will part out some of that hose for me?
He has a couple of old pumps...could I use those to make a HERMS system?

Hello? Did someone say "micro brewery"? :mug:

Back