Dual Pressure Regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigB

Reaction score
I'm going to be buying components for a keezer build and I was considering getting the the taprite 3 guage/dual pressure output regulator. I was curious as to what peoples opinions are regarding the need/benefit of the 2 output. In other words do those that only have the single output, do you wish you would have gotten the dual output? Or, those that do have the dual output, are you glad you did?

I'm going to be buying components for a keezer build and I was considering getting the the taprite 3 guage/dual pressure output regulator. I was curious as to what peoples opinions are regarding the need/benefit of the 2 output. In other words do those that only have the single output, do you wish you would have gotten the dual output? Or, those that do have the dual output, are you glad you did?

A friend of mine has the dual regulator. He carbs and serves from the same tank. I have to have two tanks to do the same thing because of single regulators. He can also use two different serving pressures.

I wish I had two separate regulated outputs and one of these days I will add another regulator. I have to use 1 setting to carbonate 3 kegs at the moment. Yesterday I wanted to seal the lid on a keg I am naturally carbonating with corn sugar. I had to shut off the valves to the 3 kegs and raise the pressure setting to seal the lid. Then I have to lower the pressure and reopen the valves on the three kegs in the kegerator.

I wish I had 2 separately regulated outputs as well. I started making soda for my wife, and since it takes significantly more pressure (30 PSI) It would be nice to have a second pressure setting. Instead, I'll likely be buying a secondary regulator at some point soon, and setting my primary regulator to 30 PSI, and stepping it down at the secondary.

Just added a second regulator last week. It's great. You'll want two bodies. Makes (burst/force) carbing and serving a piece of cake. For months I would disconnect a keg and turn the reg up to 25 psi to carb a newly filled keg.

So much happier with 2 regulators

Back