Dual Output CO2 Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please realize on some regulators the center valve (the knob controlling the psi) will lock into place by pushing the value inward. Just about impossible to turn in the "locked position". To unlock the valve simply pull the valve outward.

Don't ask how I know...
... and don't ask how i know they also sell replacement knobs just in case one does in fact strip the knob
(At least for taprite models)...

... and don't ask how i know they also sell replacement knobs just in case one does in fact strip the knob
(At least for taprite models)...
The above pictured regulator is not a Taprite, though...

Any way we could get a quick review of this reg? I am gathering components to build a keezer and am seriously considering it.
I have one that looks very similar to the one pictured. Been going strong since 2013 when I bought it lightly used.

The only thing you need to do is put some grease on the threads of each of the 2 pressure adjusting knobs (the knobs with the red face and arrow). They tend to bind up over time if you do a lot of dialing/adjusting.

The only thing you need to do is put some grease on the threads of each of the 2 pressure adjusting knobs (the knobs with the red face and arrow). They tend to bind up over time if you do a lot of dialing/adjusting.

Good to know. I wonder if a little automotive anti-seize will work well. I'll play with it when I get around to it.

Back