DSPR and LED indicator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humuleneman

Reaction score
Does anybody has experience putting a 240v LED indicator for the element circuit that is controlled by an Auber DSPR-1. The way the digital power controller works in burst mode is by proportionally in % turning on and off by the number of cycles (Hz) per sec. So if i understand right, if i'm setting the controller at 50% the element is receiving one cycle on and one cycle off. thats like, 30 blink per sec!! for the human eye will a 240v LED light connected in parallel with the element will look like it is always on or dim?? Does it worth putting a led indicator there??

Does anybody has experience putting a 240v LED indicator for the element circuit that is controlled by an Auber DSPR-1. The way the digital power controller works in burst mode is by proportionally in % turning on and off by the number of cycles (Hz) per sec. So if i understand right, if i'm setting the controller at 50% the element is receiving one cycle on and one cycle off. thats like, 30 blink per sec!! for the human eye will a 240v LED light connected in parallel with the element will look like it is always on or dim?? Does it worth putting a led indicator there??

At 30 Hz, it will probably flicker noticeably and be somewhat dimmer than if it were on 100% of the time. It will still let you know that the element is actually receiving power.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back