Drying buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanwallner

Reaction score
So last night a pulled out my ferment bucket to get ready for the next batch and noticed it had a bit of fluid/sanitizer from the last clean. I had put the lid on it and stored it ( not airtight )as usuall on the shelf. the bucket smelled kinda foul and there were green specks around the lid and the very top of the bucket. Im not teribly concerned cause I know I can clean it off. But what happened? Mold? Would it be better to turn them upside down or even blow dry them with compressed air. thanks for the input. Trying to develop good habits. CHEERS!! SW

FWIW, I dry mine by turning them over on a towel, and placing the lid under the side ofthe openingto allow some ariflow in so the water can evaporate. You can always wipe them out with a clean lint free towel, even a paper towel, you'll have to sanitize it before you can use it again anyhow...

Back