dry hopping brewers best IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plaintoast

Reaction score
First a hello from a fairly newbie to brewing.
Next, I've recently upgraded to a 5 gallon setup from my multiple Mr beer kegs. While doing their kits, I did an IPA recipe that had me dry hop some citra hops, and I absolutely love the brew. I now have a brewers best IPA kit in secondary, and I had purchased separately an ounce of citra hops because I like them so much in the other one. From the sounds of it, I don't know that brewers best ever has dry hop additions, and I'm now second guessing if this is a good idea, when I transfered I tasted a little sample and it was a pretty hoppy flavor, which I'm sure will mellow, but I'm curious from anyone that has made this kit 1. was it pretty hoppy flavored once aged and 2. has anyone added a dry hop addition?
Thanks for the info.

Dry hopping won't add any bitterness to the beer. It only adds aroma, and the aroma helps with the perceived "hoppyness" of the beer. My suggestion would be that if you liked the taste/aroma of the first that included citra, go ahead and dry hop this one as well. Again, it's not going to change the actual bitterness at all, only the perception.

I just bottled my 1st beer, the double IPA from brewers best and dry hopped with 1oz cascade and 1oz Amarillo. I wonder why they don't include any dry hops?

Well I went ahead and dry hopped the citra hops, I'll know in a month or so how it came out.

Back