Dry hopping BB Ipa question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bake985

Reaction score
I just brewed Brewers Best IPA last weekend. I added an extra half pound of DME to up the ABV. I would like to dry hop but not sure when and why hops to use. I was planning on transferring to the secondary at 2 weeks. Reason for transfer is to start a new batch. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

When you up the abv you often should up the bitterness to balance the beer. The amount of dme you added probably won't make that much a difference just for future reference.

With that said, I would dry hop with 2-4 onces of a aroma hop (assuming you followed the bb directions and did a 5 gallon batch). The dry hop/s you choose are really up too you but cascade is pretty popular among several others. Most of the time the more dry hops the greater the aroma but this is not always the case and dry hopping can cause haziness.

If you have a bucket put the whole hops in a bag with glass marbles. If you have a carboy drop the whole hops in without a bag and rack on top.

But I've brewed the bb IPA and think dry hopping it is the way to go.

Back