Dry-hop masked my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irisndfan2

Reaction score
I made a Troegs Nugget Nectar clone. I tasted a sample after 2 weeks fermenting and it was on point with the real thing. I then dryhopped 2 oz of Nugget hops for a week. The post dry hop sample was worse off. It seems like the dry hops seemed to mask the taste. Kind of a grassy taste, but not incredibly grassy.

Well I tried one 17 days into carbonation and it still seems to have a masked taste from the dry hops.

When I added the dry hops I just tossed them into the fermenter. the hope were deff broken down and fermentation did pick up a little bit, but the fg was basically the same.

My question is will this masked taste dissapear ina couple weeks??

the beer is still good, its not ruinied, but the pre-dry hopped sample has me wishing i didnt dry hop at all.

It still stands that the dry hop aroma, or flavor if that's what you're getting, will fade over time. It's what happens, as a beer ages, the hop presence fades.

ok good looks, thanks.

Think im going to back off on the dry hopping, ive dryhopped with one ounce only with no problems, this was my first time with 2 ounces.

thanks again, hopefully it clears up fast, cause im getting thirsty haha

I noticed that,after I started using the o2 barrier caps,hop flavors got better for a few more weeks than without. Just have to make sure I don't over do it on the hops to start with. Then I'd have to wait even longer.
But it does seem like the aromas fade 1st.

Latest posts

Back