dry hop again or no...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn_Brewin

Reaction score
So I am teaching a buddy how to brew and he wanted to start with a 1.065 mosaic IPA. I broke one of the cardinal rules.... I got him to dry hop before we took a final gravity reading... a week into the dry hop and I went to his place to start the bottling process and noticed some activity in the fermenter. We took a reading and the thing was still at 1.030.
So we transfered it to get it off the dry hop. Luckily the fermentation started up again and is just about down to 1.015. So my question is do you think I should dry hop again? Only put 2 ounces of mosaic in on a 5 gallon batch so it wasn't a crazy dry hop the first time. I just figure it probably off gassed a bunch of the aroma when finishing up. Anyone got any experience with this? Any suggestions are welcome.

Extra dry hopping will not hurt anything.

Taste the beer, and if you feel it is lacking in hop aroma, add some more dry hops.

Back