dropped some expensive bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputyandy

Reaction score
I found lost abbeys deliverance at my go to bottle shop for around half the cost I would expect it to be. I snagged two of them and picked up an expensive riesling for the SWMBO. I spent the rest of my day assuring myself splurging was fine, I coupe afford it, all that only to get home and drop the bag in my parking lot. One of the beers and the riesling are gone, 50 bucks of liquid washed away. I almost threw up.

Just needed to vent.

oh man.... that sucks. i got pissed one time i dropped a 12 pack of hienken and 2 broke so I can't imagine how you feel.

I was taking a growler down to the beach on a beautiful sunny day with the wife, it was all the beer we brought, low & behold I dropped it. We turned around & went home.

Keep yer chin up, stuff happens :mug:

I managed to some how get brownie points for the gesture. salvaged that, but still stinks.

and the final injury was the slight snow storm that came afterwards. they had to spread ice on the asphalt right on top of that delicious disaster.

That sucks so bad. Every time I carry the carboy down the stairs I imaging myself falling down the stairs and breaking the thing. Good luck to all of us!

I snagged over $100 of beer in Amsterdam last year including a bunch of Westys and 5 minutes later set it down on a ****ty cafe table and watched it fly off and shatter some of the bottles. I flipped out and cut my hand open trying to pick it up and salvage what I could.

I only ended up losing about 3 bottles and none of the Westy 12s-- it was traumatic though so I feel your pain.

Back