Drip Tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan11

Reaction score
I received a surface mount drip tray for free and I want to attach it to the door of my refrigerator/kegerator. What would be the best way to do this without drilling holes in the door of my refrigerator. I have two L brackets so should I use magnets, velcro, or some type of glue? Also, which ever way you feel is best can I pick these things up at Lowe's?

Well there are a couple of options. 3M makes a very good two sided tape but that will sag a bit after a while. Velcro will hold it but will sag as well and may just pull the velcro patches off of the door. You could try a two part epoxy or something like liquid nails which is a construction adhesive. The problem with those is that it is a very permanent installation and can be sloppy. Really the best choice is to drill and use a good fastener to hold it on. You could use an anchor nut or a threadsert that would give you a very strong spot for a screw. You could drill all the way through and use a regular nut and bolt as well. I know you are iffy about drilling but I think you will be much happier if you do that.

HAHAHAAHA I wish I read this 5 days ago. I bought a 20cu ft chest freezer on Saturday and built the collar and completed all the plumbing. Then I said S--- I forgot the drip tray. Placed 3 screws into the face of the chest and got that lovely hissing sound on the fourth and last screw of the entire keezer.

I ended up buying a 14.8 cu ft on Sunday.

I was pretty upset at the moment, but since it was only $175 I wasn't as upset as usual. The 14.8 I bought the next day was $200 and about 1.5 hours away. I'm dealing with my anger issues. I think this was progress.

I found this thread on here. This is what I ended up doing but went for the larger sized welders magnet and only used 2. It worked awesome. I got them at Harbor Freight Tools.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/ho...y-keezer-w-out-using-collar-79553/index3.html

Welders Magnet.gif

Drip Tray.jpg

Back