Drip, Drip Drip...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holjim

Reaction score
My new kegerator had its debut this weekend with a quarter barrel of Red Trolley Ale. So far its been great but I am finding the tap has a slow drip. This was one of those Home Depot Black Friday kegerators and to say the documentation isn't great is a bit of an understatement. Is there an easy way to tighten up whatever is causing the drip?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Well, im guessin the Home Depot kegerator isnt the best quality. But if its keepin you beer cold and carbonated then its doing its job. If you are not planning on returning it, this seems like a good excuse to get a perlick faucet.

Otherwise, you might wanna unscrew your current faucet, clean it out, and make sure the seals are good.

If the faucet drips in closed position the rubber faucet shaft seal washer (No. 9856) on the shaft should be checked and replaced if worn or damaged.

faucet_parts.gif

Thanks all! Hopefully I can get this quickly resolved!

As you said Fett, as longs as the beer is cold and carbonated right? :)

Hopefully Home Depot has something close to that shaft seal washer.

+1 on Perlick taps! No sticky faucets any more. Concerning your debut though, I imagine there will be plenty of drinking so a good cleaning should work for now- There should be plenty of drinking to subdue excessive dripping/sticking, and the beer is cold, carbonated, and (hopefully) very good!

Back