Drinking MY first homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmy4700

Reaction score
And it's awesome. Made 5 gallons of wheat beer. Tasty. I'm stoked to make more.:drunk: have 5 gallons of pale ale brewing now but man I really like this wheat.

Congrats on the first brew! I too am new to brewing and it's awesome to drink beer you've made and it tastes amazing. Keep brewing because that 5 gallons wont last long!:mug:

Sounds like it turned out great! Watch out, before you know it you will have more equipment and fermenters bubbling than you ever would have imagined! :D

Congrats! I just started, too. I've got my first batch in bottles now, and two more fermenters bubbling away. :)

Yay for first brews! My first was a wheat as well, an American Hefe. It was a 5 gallon batch but since then I have done a bunch of 1 and 2 gallon batches just because if I always did 5 gallons, I would have way more beer than I know what to do with! I currently have a 2 gallon bucket cold crashing in my garage, and then 2 more 2 gallon buckets fermenting in my bedroom :)

Did you do an all extract? Or was it extract w/ specialty grains? And do you have a pic of the finished beer?

(it's just awesome to read/hear about other peoples' first experiences)

Extract with speciality grains. No pics right now on my iPad but it's pretty clear which surprised me.

That is awesome! Congratulations! I too am new to this and am on day 7 in the fermenter! Mine is wheat but not clear. Happy Brewing!!

Congratulations on your brew!! Not the way my first turned out. I always had a kegerator full of Firestone Union Jack for a group of friends that gathered for Laker games on the tube. My first batch was a Cooper's kit. Lost all my friends!! Had to drink the darned thing by myself. Am getting great results from AG and my friends are showing up again!

Yeah I'm looking to get some 3 gallon carboys for smaller batches.

You don't really need 3 gallon carboys to do a small batch. I've done them in my 6 1/2 gallon bucket without any problem. You can buy 2 fermenter buckets for the price of a 3 gallon carboy, the buckets are safer should you happen to drop one, and they stack for easy storage when they happen to be empty.

I just sampled my first brew, and all I can say is WHAT A RELIEF!
I thought every step of the way that I had messed something up, or was missing something.
The brew had an excellent head, plenty of body, and a crisp clean finish. I am so ecstatic!!!
I called up some buddies and shared!
Thanks to this site for easing my mind and helping me be patient.
RDWHAHB!!
::mug::

farmy4700 said:
And it's awesome. Made 5 gallons of wheat beer. Tasty. I'm stoked to make more.:drunk: have 5 gallons of pale ale brewing now but man I really like this wheat.

Do you mind sharing the recipe? Im moving to wheat beer next. Thanks!

Back