Drinking games for movies/tv shows?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalarast

Reaction score
Okay after reading the comments on the beerfest thread I wanted to share a website my wife and I love....

www.lazydork.com

Basically a website listing almost all major movies (and some tv shows) and drinking games to go with it.... So those Friday & Saturday nights when the wife and I are at home and the kids are asleep and we just want to have a fun night drinking like idiots like back in college we pop in a movie and follow the rules!

Put it this way.... I got my wife the movie the Notebook for her birthday last year and I, to get myself through this movie, looked online for drinking games... I was destroyed :drunk: Damn rowing and reading from the notebook!!!!

Thought I share the joy for other couples (or similar happy drunks) who want a game to drink with when sitting at home with your wife (or girlfriend, roomate, or anyone who needs a reason to get dumb).

:ban::tank::mug: = :drunk:

Ummm.... off the top of my head, when you watch the first Boondock Saints, every time they drop the F-bomb you drink. I bet you only make it halfway through.

Beerfest, dunno if it was mentioned but every time they drink, reference the grandmother as being a whore, or mention beerfest, you drink

The original "Grinch Who Stole Christmas."

Every time they say the word "Grinch" you drink.

Done properly. you need about 2 beers to make it through the 20 minute program. It is a great way to get everyone ready for a gift exchange.

I love the site for the kids movies. Those late Saturday night movies where my daughters want to watch Shrek 2 I can sit back and drink with the wife:

Drink Every Time . . .

1. Any kind of bodily function is the source of a joke

2. Anyone gets annoyed with Donkey

3. An overt movie reference is made (i.e., Indiana Jones, Zorro, From Here to Eternity, etc)

4. Anyone says "Charming"

5. Anyone is flung through the air

6. Fairy Godmother zaps her wand or one of her potions is mentioned

7. The three blind mice's blindness is the source of a joke

AND IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET WASTED . . .
Anyone says "Ogre."

If you want to lose your mind, may I suggest "The Big Lebowski" challenge.

Every time the Dude drinks a white russian, you drink one.
Every time the Dude smokes a J, well... you get the idea...

Just another drinking game web site that has no mention of a "The Passion" drinking game.

I got an awesome one my friends and I ALREADY PLAY! lol....
First get urself some "Lock and Load" with R Lee Ermey on DVR.

Now the rules:
1. Drink anytime he says OOH-RAH
2. Drink anytime he belittles you, for example: calling you a couch potato, etc (he usually does something like this before and after commercials)
3. Drink anytime someone on the show refers to R Lee Ermey as "gunny" "gunnery sergeant" or anything similar

P.S. I think there are a couple more that we did when watching this show and drinking, but hey these rules will get you started!!! :drunk: :mug:

Ummm.... off the top of my head, when you watch the first Boondock Saints, every time they drop the F-bomb you drink. I bet you only make it halfway through.

This game is equally hazardous for the series Deadwood.

For Family Guy every time they do a cutaway.

I see that the site is for movies primarily so it is good that we are adding tv show drinking games.

In college we would get together for the A-Team and play any number of games. Also for Miami Vice but that's for another thread.

I am dating myself, but on the old Bob Newhart Show (w/ Suzanne Pleshette), one drink for "Bob" and two for "Hi Bob" was a killer. Good show, too....

Ive got a pretty fun one that can be paired with almost any movie or TV show. The mustache game. Simply create a mustache out of paper, any size, color, shape etc. Then place it anywhere on the screen using scotch tape. then sit back and wait for the laughs. Just take a drink anytime the stache lines up with a face on the screen. it gets pretty comical with the right tv show, like Family Guy. You could also spice things up with a hat, or a full beard. Enjoy.

I'm not sure how the disdain (on both sides of my family I might add) for Brent Musburger as a broadcaster started but during the football season we found this to get us thru:

WARNING!

Play at your own risk. It is conceivable your whole party will be passed out with 8 mins remaining in the 1st quarter.

*Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the **** up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a Big 10 school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the Big 10 school's mascot gets to make somebody drink for 11 seconds, since there's 11 schools in the Big 10.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Gary, my man". Whenever Brent says "Gary, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Gary. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Gary, my man" until the game is over. "Gary, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Gary, my man". If someone talks to "Gary, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Gary, that person is automatically "Gary, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major", everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1.

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much.

Listen to the song "Roxanne" and drink every time they say the name. And listen to the real version not that moulin rouge one. Too young to know who did the original. From 70s?

We've done drinking games to the show Mudcats and Gold Rush. For Mudcats you have to drink every time someone says "hole", "noodling" and for every statement that is a clear sexual innuendo. Gold Rush we drink every time they say "gold" (including the commercials) or whenever one of them throws a tantrum or gets a machine stuck.

Hockey Games:
1. Drink everytime there is a stoppage of play.
2. Drink everytime there is a replay (which is usually after every stoppage of play). Different camera angles count as a different replay.

Depending on the game (amount of penalites, goals, fights, etc), sometimes you are lucky to make it out of the first period.

We tried doing this with football. We had to ammend it depending on who was playing. For instance, the Christmas Saints vs Falcons game, we just went with "every first down, drink". That was more than enough to be toasted by the end of the game.

If you have a SWMBO that's into Sex and the City, Drink everytime Carrie says, "I realized."

I prefer the Eastbound and Down game: Drink after every F-bomb.

every time someone breaks up- drink a whole beer
every time someone cries- drink a whole beer
every time someone is on drugs- do those drugs

oooh- the ernest drinking game.
get hammered and watch ernest goes to jail.
this is one where everyone wins. except ernest.

MXC drinking game. everytime someone falls or fails to do somehing you drink. every time the announcer says "thats right ken" you drink.

Back