Drill CPC Quick Disconnect Cross Hairs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigscience

Reaction score
I've been using the CPC Polysulfone Quick Disconnects for a long time now but have never had one clog until yesterday when I had 6 people over to learn how to brew. I was siphoning out of the kettle into the hopback and I lost flow right away. After looking into it, hot break/hop bits had clogged the little cross hairs used for disabling the shutoff on the opposite side. Since I don't have any that have the shutoff, I don't need the little cross hairs and would like to remove them. I'd seen little blurbs about people cutting/drilling them out but never any pictures or details.

Could someone who has successfully done this elaborate on their process? I have a drill press I could use but I want to keep it as clean as possible since this will be on the cold side and sanitation could be an issue. Thanks in advance for the help.

Back