#DreamJob: My version of going Pro!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And1129

Reaction score
Hi all, I haven't posted here for a while as i've been busy finishing a geochemistry master's thesis an job hunting. I'm here to report that i've just accepted, and soon will be starting an amazing job. Starting in January, i'm going to be a Beer QA Chemist for Deschutes Brewing Co. in Bend, Oregon! I've always been into chemistry, and brewing beer has been an outlet for me to do chemistry at home; the chemistry aspects of brewing are those that I enjoy the most about brewing. I geek out about doing acid and salt additions and the like even when such steps are negligible as those parts of brewing are just fun for me. So with my academic background in analytical chemistry, and my ~10 years homebrewing experience, i'm a chemist who understands beer which made me a great fit for this job. So if any of you beer geeks take a tour of Deschutes, you'll walk right by the lab i'll be working in and can wave to me as i'm troubleshooting instruments or the like! My wife and I are both very excited to be moving to Bend and to be following my passion for brewing science! I'll continue to post and read here as I can because i have and still do learn a lot from people on this fourm, and in the future i'd be happy to field questions about what we're doing at Deschutes as well!

Happy Holiday Brewing to All!!!

Congrats. Deschutes is a top notch brewery and just maybe my favorite, if I had to choose one.

what they paying you bro? if you don't mind me asking.... well even if you do mind =)

Latest posts

Back