Double can irish stout with 500g lactose yay or any?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crashbuster

Reaction score
I want to make a double can of coopers irish stout with 500g of lactose to make it a little sweeter and less bitter will it work ? Has anyone done this before ? Yes I am aware of useing one stout with one dark ale but I want to know if anyone has ever used two cans of stout or ever used latose powder i am new to this please help

I was thinking of doing the same thing actually.
And I haven't used lactose before but a good friend of mine has when he made a cream ale, it gave it very good body, and great head retention.

Let me know if you have since done the double Irish stout with lactose and how it turned out

Cheers!

I kinda did this but without the lactose.I got the Cooper Original Stout intended for a 5 gallon batch but did it in my Coopers Craft fermenter (2 gallon) combined with 1kg BE3.
Ofcourse it turned out sweet but in a good way.The sweetness is very much like brown sugar.I think im gonna do this again but now im gonna add some vanilla and rosted cocoa.

17days in the fermenter
OG 1.082
FG 1.023

Tucan stout should leave it sweet enough. I think you may over-do it with the lactose.

My suggestion would be to just make the Tucan Stout and then taste when ferment is ended. You can add the lactose later if you think it still needs it. You can even add it at bottling since it is unfermentable,

Back