done?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loomis

Reaction score
I'm doing an extract Amber, it's been in the primary for 5 days now, and there's no more bubbling from my airlock at all. It bubbled like crazy for 3 days, then slowed way down, and for the past 2 days theres been nothing. Ready for secondary?

Probably. A lot of people do the 1-2-3 method. 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks bottle conditioning. If you're chompin' at the bit, or just have the time to do it this weekend, go for it!

Mr_Turtlehead said:
Probably. A lot of people do the 1-2-3 method. 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, 3 weeks bottle conditioning. If you're chompin' at the bit, or just have the time to do it this weekend, go for it!

I agree with Mr. Turtlehead it's ready for the secondary.
I use the 1-2-3 method and it works like a charm.

yep, sounds like it's reayd to rack. take a SG reading to be 100% certain. a couple more days won't hurt either.

Yup! I think it's ready. I usually rack mine to secondary 2 or 3 days after the bubbles slow to < 1 per minute. Then leave it in secondary for 2 weeks. I can never seem to make it to 3 weeks in bottles before trying one or 10. :drunk:

Back