Domino "Dots" Sugar Cubes in Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REPO

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck finding the Domino "Dot" sugar cubes in Canada? I can't seem to locate them locally, so I checked Amazon.ca and ebay.ca and was shocked at the prices.

Based upon what I paid for them here in the States, I'm guessing that they should cost somewhere around $2.25 Canadian Dollars per box.

Based upon what I paid for them here in the States, I'm guessing that they should cost somewhere around $2.25 Canadian Dollars per box.

That was my thought as well.....until I checked online. They are running about $40 a box delivered, lol.

That was my thought as well.....until I checked online. They are running about $40 a box delivered, lol.

That's insane. Check your local supermarket. I get mine at the local supermarket for US $1.76 a box.

Domino is not a big player in Canada for sugar. Instead go with Red Path or Lantic. Most major retailers will stock these items.

The critical things to consider are:
1) The weight of sugar per cube. (plus is it consistent)
2) Will it fit into the neck of a 12 ounce bottle?

Domino Dots are consistently 2.32 grams on my scale (whereas they should be 2.29 in theory), and they just fit into the neck if oriented properly.

The critical things to consider are:
1) The weight of sugar per cube. (plus is it consistent)
2) Will it fit into the neck of a 12 ounce bottle?

Domino Dots are consistently 2.32 grams on my scale (whereas they should be 2.29 in theory), and they just fit into the neck if oriented properly.

I get what your saying but Domino dots are not available in most of, if not all of Canada. I believe our sugar cubes are bigger. 4 grams and consistent... they still wont fit. The only place you might get lucky is specialty shops like goodness me etc. Or see how big individual pouches are. last I remember they are about 3.5 grams each.

Latest posts

Back