Domino "Dots" Sugar Cubes in Canada?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

REPO

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck finding the Domino "Dot" sugar cubes in Canada? I can't seem to locate them locally, so I checked Amazon.ca and ebay.ca and was shocked at the prices.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
Based upon what I paid for them here in the States, I'm guessing that they should cost somewhere around $2.25 Canadian Dollars per box.

OP
R

REPO

Reaction score
Based upon what I paid for them here in the States, I'm guessing that they should cost somewhere around $2.25 Canadian Dollars per box.

That was my thought as well.....until I checked online. They are running about $40 a box delivered, lol.

Silver_Is_Money

Reaction score
That was my thought as well.....until I checked online. They are running about $40 a box delivered, lol.
That's insane. Check your local supermarket. I get mine at the local supermarket for US $1.76 a box.

Silver_Is_Money

Reaction score
Domino is not a big player in Canada for sugar. Instead go with Red Path or Lantic. Most major retailers will stock these items.
The critical things to consider are:
1) The weight of sugar per cube. (plus is it consistent)
2) Will it fit into the neck of a 12 ounce bottle?

Domino Dots are consistently 2.32 grams on my scale (whereas they should be 2.29 in theory), and they just fit into the neck if oriented properly.

hammy1983

Reaction score
The critical things to consider are:
1) The weight of sugar per cube. (plus is it consistent)
2) Will it fit into the neck of a 12 ounce bottle?

Domino Dots are consistently 2.32 grams on my scale (whereas they should be 2.29 in theory), and they just fit into the neck if oriented properly.
I get what your saying but Domino dots are not available in most of, if not all of Canada. I believe our sugar cubes are bigger. 4 grams and consistent... they still wont fit. The only place you might get lucky is specialty shops like goodness me etc. Or see how big individual pouches are. last I remember they are about 3.5 grams each.