Dog **** on Carboy.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo_911

Reaction score
Came home from work during lunch today and went down into the basement to check on the secondary fermentation. It seems as though my dog had some issues with his Frontline treatment this morning and he took a horrible **** all over the carboy and the towel on which the carboy sits! None of the impurities seem to have infultrated the airlock so it was just a matter of delicately cleaning all of the **** from the outside without agitating the inside. Ladies and gentleman, this was truly a unique challenge to my young homebrewing career and I wish I would have thought to take some pictures, but in the heat of the moment I just wanted to clean the **** up before throwing up.

That's okay. I love a good picture of **** as much as the next guy...but we'll do without this time.

Now...WTF was that dog thinking? Man's best friend laying a doogie on man's other best friend.

How would that mutt like it if the wort grew arms and legs, lifted itself out of the carboy and took a crap on him (or her).

I say you're gonna have to get that dog drunk on your homebrew so he (she) understands that....beer is good....

Wow, that's a new one. Seems like it would be a pretty difficult angle to get up and dump on the carboy. Must be a pretty good-sized dog.

I'd be keeping doggie out of the basement. Sorry for your **** man. I'd be gagging just watching SWMBO clean it up. :D I'm glad my beer ferments in a closed garage.

I hope you used vodka in the airlocks.

Thats pretty $hitty man.....sorry about your luck. My dog doesnt bother my brew...he does help clean the floor after bottling day though!

That's some GOOOOODDD SHIIIT now...!!! WHOA!!! :rockin:

Really, sorry.

Just spray it down with a hose, brush and dishwashing liquid and spray it off. If you want you can sanitize it too. It doesn't affect the contents any.

I have all of my carboys in milk crates. If I were ever in that situation I would move the crate outside and do the same (as I recommended) with a pressure washer. Just tape the airlock on and it should be safe to wet down.

(...and we won't tell.....just double-dog dare me...NOT!!! )

You think that's crazy, my wife.....

Nah, I got nothin. That's pretty disgusting. I'd get a new dog.

Melana said:
I feel your pain. I have two insane kittens that think my brewing equipment is for them.

Yeah, my cat wildly assaults any airlock that has any activity going on. Thankfully my dog seems blissfully unaware of the brewery.

I've heard of Dog Spit IPA before but this clever name might not work on a label. :drunk:

It's partly IPA, but it's mostly Labrador. My dog drank my stash, I had to follow him around for 3 days man.

At least your carboy is sanitary.

you have got balls to tell that story!

I took a year or so off from brewing 6 or so years back and when I pulled my carboys out of storage one had a dead brown mouse in the bottom of it. I cleaned that thing for hours. but was still too embarrassed to tell anyone for about 3 years...

Stupid I know but I just didn't want to explain to people that I was sure it was clean enough...

krispy d said:
you have got balls to tell that story!

I took a year or so off from brewing 6 or so years back and when I pulled my carboys out of storage one had a dead brown mouse in the bottom of it. I cleaned that thing for hours. but was still too embarrassed to tell anyone for about 3 years...

Stupid I know but I just didn't want to explain to people that I was sure it was clean enough...

Ick. I think I would've been too traumatized, and would've just tossed the whole thing. But that does remind me of my favorite movie, Strange Brew.

I find any dead mammal in any of my gear and I'm buying new gear. I'm just weird like that I guess. The entire piece of equipment would be forever ruined for me.

Cheesefood said:
I find any dead mammal in any of my gear and I'm buying new gear. I'm just weird like that I guess. The entire piece of equipment would be forever ruined for me.

Does that include your rectum? ;)

Back