Does This Shape Glass Work for 10 Ounces?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure some people here use glasses shaped like this for beer. Can anyone tell me whether they have worked out well? I have seen these in pint size, but I want some small glasses. These days, if I drink a quart of beer, I'm ready to have my car keys confiscated, and I like having several different homebrews in the evening, so I feel like a few smaller glasses are in order. These are 10 ounces.

Right now I have three lagers, something resembling a Belgian IPA, and an oatmeal stout. I want something that works reasonably well with these styles. Doesn't have to be optimal.

I wish I could find the little glasses P.J. Clarke's used to use for Guinness. They were like the old-style Coke glasses, but thinner.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B7C7RK78/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Looks like a mini-size version of a Nonic pint glass, should provide some throttling to your drinking rate :)

Even though I have a set of six small but varied glasses that might suit the bill, on those evenings that I realize I'm nearing a sane limit I prefer just short-pouring my favorite Tank 7 stemmed glass because it just feels so comfortable and familiar...so I don't have to make any conscious adjustments that might actually depend on being fully conscious...

Cheers! :p

The price seems about right from what I've come across looking for wine glasses - which are increasingly crazy, imo. But I digress.
That said, I advise that these are clearly not "bar ware", and if you have some stone-handed folks imbibing there will be casualties...
1679105762638.png

Cheers!

Last edited:
Those are cute. Go for it.

Similarly, I'm a small batch brewer and I bottle almost every batch. Not long ago I was gifted a bunch of 7-oz bottles, which come in super handy for my small 1 to 2 gallon batches and/or for high ABV beers where I don't always want 12 oz. I still pour the beer into a standard 16-oz shaker glass usually. But to have some of these 10-oz glasses seems like a good idea for an odd guy like me.

I have several of these, some with the Bud label, some Coors. I found them at flea markets, garage sales, etc. These used to be commonly used as bar glasses, back when draft beer was usually Bud, Banquet, or High Life. They hold 10 oz.

If one does the math, a half-barrel keg holds 165 12 oz pours, 198 10 oz. Back in the pre light/pre craft beer era a draft beer was usually fifty cents, a quarter during Friday happy hour. Those extra 30+ pours would pretty much pay for the keg. :cool:

80FF7057-930D-4BD5-A09D-570EC3840751.jpeg

Those are British half pint glasses. I used to sell them when I had my store. I found women from the UK hate them because it is what women there are expected to order - 1/2 pint, because women can’t drink as much as men or so the socially accepted thought was. I guess I would hate them too if the accepted thought was I could only order that and not a pint.

I like them for tastings where you want to try several different things and you can have less than a full 12 oz or 16 oz serving.

The faux pint glasses arrived, and they're terrific. They allow me to have two beers with lunch instead of one without going crazy on calories and alcohol.

They seem very expensive for simple glasses, though, and they only hold 9 ounces, so the 10.4 figure is bogus. I measured.

Back