Does this recipe look Ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluemoose

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Putting together an IPA.

7.5 lbs light LME
1 lb Wheat LME
1 lb Munich malt
.5 lb Crystal 40

1 oz Nugget @ 60
1 oz Nugget @ 30
1 oz wild hops @ 15
1 oz Wild hops @ 1
4 oz wild hops @ Dry hop

Safale 04

Not sure what the AAU of the wild hops are. Just picked them on the roadside by my house.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Picked them on the roadside? Nice where do u live? I hope they are good and u don't ruin a beer with 4oz of dry hopping with them.

Live in VT. Wild hops, grapes and apples on my road. It is an old farm road, as most are up here. The biggest tree on the road has hops growing around it. Wonder if home brewing was legal when they were planted. It hasn't been a working farm for ages.
If I had the time I would trim all the apple trees to get bigger fruit. I trim some as I can.

Is there a good way to determine the amount to dry hop with, without knowing the AAU? They smell really great.

I'm not sure there is a set amount u want to dry hop with since you are basically designing it yourself. Just eyeball it document it and let us know how it works out. You may have a new hop style on your hands if it's been there long enough. Might wanna look into that. Have u picked hops Or gotten fresh hops before? Looked at hop harvesting Guides?

Latest posts

Back