Does this look right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me. What is your plan after fermentation?

Is that electrician tape holding the airlock in place? I know the rubber stoppers can be somewhat slick when wet with Star San and tend to want to ride up the neck. I find that by "twisting" the rubber stopper when inserting, the layer of sanitizer dissipates and the stopper stays in place.

Good luck!

Beer has lots of protein AKA gluten which is what helps create the thick foam but fruit is relatively protein free - so the CO2 does not get trapped in chains of gluten

Thanks all. The tape is just to hold the stopper in place. Had a few pop out in the past. My plan is to let this ferment about 2 weeks (given the gravity seems to indicate full fermentation) and then rack It into gallon glass jugs for 4 weeks. Then bottle or keg depending on availability of taps and kegs. If I bottle I'll just use corn sugar the same way I bottle beer. Trying to keep it simple for my first run. Any advice given my plan?

Back