Does this look normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnurse

Reaction score
Hey! Another newb here, with yet another sanitation question. I brewd my first batch of beer yesterday, and everything went fine. Well, besides pushing the stopper into the primary! But thats for another thread....... I waited till the temp was around 74F and then pitched the yeast. Now it is about 24 hrs later and I have active yeast but also some white stuff? Anybody know if this batch is contaminated? I am going to put pics in my album because I am not sure how to put pics in thread. Thanks!

Stephen

Although not super clear pics :D it looks like fermenting beer to me. If you want to put pics on your post just go to a pic you have in your gallery and cut the code in the last box on the bottom that says image code and then paste it into your post.

What a difference a few hours will make! I went out to take more pics, I know the other ones werent great....but, anyway, now the "white stuff" I saw has a cream color! It worked! It really works! WOOOHOOOOOO! I don't think I am going to be able to wait four more weeks. Anyway here is a better pic! Thanks guys!

When you take your flashlight and shine into your carboy...be forewarned that it will look like a disturbed madman is fidgeting about in there...if you have a good ferment things will be rolling around and dancing...go look!

Here ya go.....

Firstbatch007.jpg

you know I am going to have to get me 6 1/2 gal carboy or better bottle, so i can watch my brew fermenting. This having it in a bucket and not being able to see it is killing me.

Good looking beer. Congratulations!

Don't sweat the stopper... I've done that once. It didn't make a bit of difference. The worst part about it is getting the confounded thing out of the carboy when the brew is done. :D

Ya! I know! But, It will be something to think about when I am drinking my first homebrew! I already read the posts on how to get it out. Should make for a fun afternoon! Thanks guys for your help! Airlock is bubbling nice and good now!:tank:

Back