does anyone know what this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vamo

Reaction score
Kind of looks like an airlock but im not sure

1384031583323.jpg

A little backgroun. I bought out somebody who was getting out of our hobby at the bargain price of $100. Most of the stuff I've been doing this long enough to figure out what they are, but this piece mystifies me. If it his an airlock how do i Use it?

Wow, never seen anything like that before. I'm interested to find out if anyone know what its for.

Are there moving parts? Almost looks like the siphons I had to use when I worked in a chemistry lab. Much smaller scale, but same shape.

FERRARI AUTOMATIC BOTTLE FILLER

This slick unit can be used for bottling both still and sparkling wine. The filler has a tapered fitting that accommodates 5/16", 3/8" and 1/2" siphon hoses. To use, simply attach the siphon hose to the spigot on the bottling bucket and filler unit, turn the spigot on, push the button on the filler and the filling begins! When the bottle is full, the unit automatically shuts off. The rubber piece that goes into the bottle can be moved to adjust the fill level. The nut on the top of the unit allows regulation of the flow.
Can be used with a racking wand from your carboy for bottling, see below:

We have 5/16 tubing that is a tad smaller than the 3/8 and fits on the hose barb (coming off the right side in the illustration) that connects from your racking wand that is in the carboy to the filler unit. The 3/8 tubing creates an air leak. You can also try waxed dental floss or waxed dental tape or Teflon tape, though Teflon tape may be too wide.

The 5/16 tubing will need to be soaked in hot water in order to force onto the hose barb.

bottle_filler_ferrariauto.jpg

Wait you paid 100$ for that??
Its a 20$ wine filler, sorry to burst your bubble.

EDIT: Nm sounds like you got a whole lot. Thats a steal hope you got some other good stuff!

Thanks so much for the info. Yeah I got a pretty sweet deal this guy obviously was not the cheapskate I've been with this hobby so much of the haul has been just better versions of what I already have.

Back