Does anyone have a good four peaks raj ipa recipe clone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dweb911

Reaction score
I love four peaks raj ipa. I attempted a clone 2 brews ago and it was far too malty. Not even worth posting as I dumped the brew. Any suggestions would be great.

Luckily their website has lots of details: http://www.fourpeaks.com/beta2010/#/the_regulars/TheRaj/

Haven't had it, but here is my best guess.

Enough malt to get to ~1.065
85% - 2 row
10% -Munich 10
3% - C80
2% - Carapils

Mash at 149-150 F for 60 min (could go lower or higher depending on the yeast).

90 min boil
Magnum (enough to hit 55 IBUs) @ 60 min
1 oz each Goldings/Fuggles @ 5 min
1 oz each Goldings/Fuggles @ 0 min
1 oz each Goldings/Fuggles @ dry hop

Ferment with either English or American ale yeast (not sure what they use, but given the English theme pick a strain that sounds good to you, I really like WY1968). You could try emailing the brewery, if you live near there they might even give you some slurry.

FG 1.012 - 6.9% ABV

http://www.fourpeaks.com/blog/index.php/about-the-beer/what-the-hell-am-i-tasting-8th-street-ale/ suggests that for another beer they add gypsum. I like between 150-200 ppm of sulfate in my hoppy beers, more than that and they taste too minerally to me.

I may have to give this a whirl, I love their beer there. but being down the road from them I usually just stop in for a pint instead.

Thanks azscoob. I am there once a week as well but it would be fun to try to make it. I appreciate the help. I'll let you know how it turns put. Probably brew it next week.

I was just there for a visit to ASU. What a great bar/brewery! Brought home some of their 8th Street Ale. A clone of their Oatmeal stout would be great too.

It's the best bar close to asu. I like San Tan brewery too up in Chandler and I would love to make their stout. I call it chocolaty goodness!!!

It's the best bar close to asu. I like San Tan brewery too up in Chandler and I would love to make their stout. I call it chocolaty goodness!!!

the brewer for santan used to work at four peaks if i am not mistaken. i like four peaks way better personally but i used to go to santan alot so cant complain to much. all i drink is the raj at four peaks so tasty :mug:

Back