do yeast take any time off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so my baynus brew, is slowing down after a day or so......but i'm wondering do yeast keep working at night while i'm sleeping? lol i mean like if you're not awake to hear/see them working, do they actually still make happy juice?

No. They're like any typical city employee. Since you're their direct supervisor they only work when you're watching them....lazy bastards!

Pro tip: If you start smoking meth so you can stay up for a week at a time your beer will ferment to completion twice as fast. Cheers! :tank:

Pro tip: If you start smoking meth so you can stay up for a week at a time your beer will ferment to completion twice as fast.

It worked i pitched the yeast on the 20th, and i stayed up late rubbing the fermenter hopping a jenie would jump out, and i'm kegging allready!!! LOL

so my baynus brew, is slowing down after a day or so......but i'm wondering do yeast keep working at night while i'm sleeping? lol i mean like if you're not awake to hear/see them working, do they actually still make happy juice?
Very good question. Personally, I go down to my brewery several times a day, even in the middle of the night, just to check on what they are doing. Have you ever noticed how the flocculating stuff makes tiny craters in the trub? It is a lot like I imagine planets being formed by a primordial rain of meteors. I first noticed that in the middle of the night.

Very good question. Personally, I go down to my brewery several times a day, even in the middle of the night, just to check on what they are doing. Have you ever noticed how the flocculating stuff makes tiny craters in the trub? It is a lot like I imagine planets being formed by a primordial rain of meteors. I first noticed that in the middle of the night.
i just thought that was the keto yeast and HCLF yeast not getting along? i usually just put them all in a container, and tell to find something to eat in the next batch.....

just had to revisit this..i was in the kitchen looking at my fermenter. it wasn't bubbling, i was like, hmm time to keg. then when i walked over next to it, it started bubbling about once a second! LOL

Back