do I have to convert a regular keg for korney kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepersquatch

Reaction score
Buying a keggerator off craigs list it appears they used it for BMC kegs. Do I have to convert anything to use it for 5 gal kegs? hoses and co2 tank included. Thanks in advance.

Only thing you should need is the couplers for the in and out lines. Personally i would also replace the lines just to be safe! that it. take the sanke coupler off and connect your couplers easy peasy!

You'll have to purchase the correct quick disconnects (gas and liquid) for the type of cornelius/firestone/etc. kegs you'll be using.

What size hose does it currently use? If the hose sizes are too large, you might need to scale down.

You can either just buy the cornie keg QDs and replace the Sankey tap with them, or if you think you might want to swap in a commercial keg once in a while you can get something like this. That kit gives you the parts to add MFL connectors to the lines and put MFL tailpieces on the old commercial Sankey tap, that way you can switch between easily.

ooooooooooo a lot of abbreavated terminlogy to decipher. I know nothing about kegging I just cant pass this up. Please be kind. Im lame when it comes to keggs, should have said that earlier but thanks for the comments so far. not sure what size the hoses are. will find out more on sat. and get back to you. :(

If the unit fits one 1/2 barrel, it will fit either two or three corny kegs. It likely only has one tap, so you may also want to upgrade to either two or three, once you figure out how many fit. I converted one that fit two cornys by purchasing a two-port gas manifold, a two-tap tower with Perlick faucets that came with 2 gas corny disconnects and 2 liquid corny disconnects, some additional gas line, and a longer drip tray that would span both faucets. I bought it all from www.kegconnection.com. If you call them, they can walk you through what you need. You can follow the thread here.

Back