Dma 35

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flip2spin23

Reaction score
How many home brewers here use a Dma 35 ?

image-2395568875.jpg

There very useable little units .. I got it for free when I purchased my DMA 5000 m and alcoizer combo I really figured there was a lot of brewers were using these

Not many homebrewers have 5 figure bankrolls for their entire breweries, much less for a single piece of equipment that will net a "free" density meter. You're not the first to post about digital specific gravity and alcohol measuring, but you're the first I've seen claiming personal ownership of the expensive lab grade equipment that is usually discussed.

I have the Mettler Toledo DA-110m that I inherited from my lab at work. It is older but perfectly functional.

I will agree these are out of reach of your average homebrewer. I am just lucky that I have access to older lab grade equipment that is handed down as we upgrade.

OP are you trolling?!? Seriously. A $3k density meter is something many breweries haven't invested in... Did you buy the DMA 5000m for business? Are you selling your beer? Or do you just make made cash, and can drop crazy money at your hobbies? (If the last, good for you!)

That said, yes these are great devices and very slick; I get to use one like yours at the brewery/distillery where I work. I also have a much older model for my own use that was old lab equipment hand me down as it was "obsolete".

Im just brewing beer as a home hobby,
The dma 5000 was bought for use in our lab at work,
I guess im starting to realize how lucky I am to get to use devices like the dma 35 in a home setting....

Ill post some more info on it on my next brew day

I'd sell it and get a set of precision hydrometers. And a high quality thermometer. And a new brewery.

Is the rest of your brewery top of the line?

I have a complete set of astm certified hydrometers , a astm certified digital thermometer all Pyrex glass ware etc
I'm currently collection parts for a electric brewery build

image-3336066709.jpg

image-2167620292.jpg

image-1717356219.jpg

image-3986257387.jpg

Back