diy tap handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sputnam

Reaction score
so i got my keezer built. In that proud shining moment, basking in the glow of my awesomeness, I opened the freezer door only to find that it just barely scrubs the tap handles,. :smack:
anyway, i tried to trim them down with a bandsaw. Fail. Long story short, I used golf balls and painted them garnet and black (gamecocks). They are way better than standard handles.
Do you have some cool DIY tap handles?

20141102_102154 (1).jpg

Oh man, I love it! I have tried different handles and most if not all are just to tall for my liking.
I have a shorter one I really like but its cracked at the bottom so I've been looking for a replacement one. I also like the basic black ones that you can get with your tap and just havent ordered another one or two. I could do this in the mean time.

So, did you put inserts in those?

Great Idea!

Nicely done!

Can you shim them to get a little more clearance?

sorry, i don't understand what you are asking...I know what a shim is but shim what? to get clearance? Maybe you misunderstood my post. The golf balls corrected my problem.

Oh man, I love it! I have tried different handles and most if not all are just to tall for my liking.
I have a shorter one I really like but its cracked at the bottom so I've been looking for a replacement one. I also like the basic black ones that you can get with your tap and just havent ordered another one or two. I could do this in the mean time.

So, did you put inserts in those?

Great Idea!

I bought heliocoils to put in them but didn't use them. i just got a drill bit a tad smaller than the taps threaded part. I actually had to turn them down as though they were threaded. It was a nice, tight fit :D

I had the exact same problem when I made my first kegerator...being that I was still pretty young at the time, we used ping pong balls, as we played beer pong a lot. :drunk: Yours look a heck of a lot nicer though. I wish I had a good pic but my kegerator has a new home now 2,000 miles away.

sorry, i don't understand what you are asking...I know what a shim is but shim what? to get clearance? Maybe you misunderstood my post. The golf balls corrected my problem.
Evidently I don't read too good. :D

that actually crossed my mind too. Those are awesome

Thanks. I built my collar too short and the typical short black tap handles would easily get hit open because they were just a tad taller than the freezer lid. Plans are to make a 6 or 8" collar to replace the 4" so I have more options with tap handles.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back