DIY soda blaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried this, it does work well. It's nicer than bead blast on soft metals like aluminum. I've considered getting another small blast cabinet just for soda.

Stainless keggles would laugh at soda, use glass bead for a soft frosted finish.
Best part it'll hide the dents, deep scars and scratches, best to dress down sharp scar edges.

Very Cool. Thank you for sharing.

I've got the original PICT 34-3 carb for my bug. It looks like its finally going to get rebuild and put back in action.

Very Cool. Thank you for sharing.

I've got the original PICT 34-3 carb for my bug. It looks like its finally going to get rebuild and put back in action.

The 34-3 is just a dual port carb gromitdj.

Solex with short and tall intakes for a 56 Speedster here.
Custom tuned balanced exhaust with SS slash tips, hear and
feel the cam hands over the tips.

Granted the soda blaster is basic just convert to stainless tubing an upgrade in quality for your blaster.
A vibrator motor would also help in the soda feeding.

Just because I am so very jealous of your welding ability, I'm going to point out that you meant to say 34 Pict/3. :ban:

LOL. Yea sorry. My tongue got wrapped around my eye tooth and I couldn't see what I was saying. :drunk:

The 34-3 is just a dual port carb gromitdj.

You've got me there Beemer. I don't know speedsters.

But the original VW carb nomenclature is Solex 34 pict/3. Anywho, I was just busting Greenmont's balls because I can't do more than a sheetmetal mig spotweld on my bug, and I'm jealous.

Thanks for the link Beemer, thar's a great site.

Back