DIY Build: Cooler Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnK93

Reaction score
I was going to re-post this DIY on the forum, but had some trouble uploading the pics, so for now I'll just re-direct to my blog - ibrewmyownbeer.com If it's helpful to people, I'll repost here on the forum.

This is my build of a collar for my mash tun to turn it into a keg cooler for a week at the lake. I haven't seen anybody else do this, so I thought I'd share my build. There's a lot I would change if I made another, but it did the trick.

-John

I was going to re-post this DIY on the forum, but had some trouble uploading the pics, so for now I'll just re-direct to my blog - ibrewmyownbeer.com If it's helpful to people, I'll repost here on the forum.

This is my build of a collar for my mash tun to turn it into a keg cooler for a week at the lake. I haven't seen anybody else do this, so I thought I'd share my build. There's a lot I would change if I made another, but it did the trick.

-John
Hi John, seems the link is no longer working, and I was digging through your site and still couldn't find any evidence of this project. Could you try to post some pics or details again?

Hi John, seems the link is no longer working, and I was digging through your site and still couldn't find any evidence of this project. Could you try to post some pics or details again?

Hey, sorry I've moved the blog around a couple times and didn't really keep up with it. I can try to dig up the post or photos. I've been using this cooler collar regularly for the past few years and it's worked great! I'll see what I can find when I have a few minutes.

Hey, sorry I've moved the blog around a couple times and didn't really keep up with it. I can try to dig up the post or photos. I've been using this cooler collar regularly for the past few years and it's worked great! I'll see what I can find when I have a few minutes.
hey, were you ever able to dig up any photos of the collar? i'm thinking about doing something like this so even just a current pic if you still have it would be helpful! thanks

Hey,

Sorry, completely forgot about this and haven't been on the site in a while, so I just saw your note. Here are some pics of the build. Pretty DIY, but it works great. Hope this isn't too late...let me know if you have any questions.

John

Attachments

• Photo Aug 02, 3 55 14 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 02, 3 55 14 PM.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Photo Aug 02, 4 05 26 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 02, 4 05 26 PM.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Photo Aug 02, 4 11 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 02, 4 11 19 PM.jpg
    972.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Photo Aug 02, 5 32 53 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 02, 5 32 53 PM.jpg
    857.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Photo Aug 04, 6 04 11 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 04, 6 04 11 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • Photo Aug 04, 6 55 24 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 04, 6 55 24 PM.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • Photo Aug 04, 7 06 59 PM.jpg
    Photo Aug 04, 7 06 59 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • Photo Aug 08, 10 39 33 AM.jpg
    Photo Aug 08, 10 39 33 AM.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
  • Photo Aug 08, 10 40 21 AM.jpg
    Photo Aug 08, 10 40 21 AM.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
Hey,

Sorry, completely forgot about this and haven't been on the site in a while, so I just saw your note. Here are some pics of the build. Pretty DIY, but it works great. Hope this isn't too late...let me know if you have any questions.

John
Hey, nicely done. That’s pretty cool. Thanks for putting up the pics!

Back