Distributer or multiple regulators??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joetuo

Reaction score
Is it better to get multiple regulators or just a distributer manifold?

I have a wheat and an ordinary bitter I am about to keg and am wondering if I should spend the $30 on a distributer or $80 on the 2 regulators?

How do some of you guys handle it when you have like 6 kegs on tap of different styles that need different pressures?

It's a price/convenience tradeoff. If you want the flexibility of adjusting the psi on individual kegs, then you need to pay the extra $$ for multiple regs. If you don't care, then you can just get a manifold and send the same psi to each one. It's up to you. My minifridge kegerator has 2 taps and 2 regulators. My big fridge has 6 kegs and one regulator. I just keep 2 taps flowing at the same psi; if I need to force-carb, I just detach the other one for a couple days while I force-carb. It's a bit of a PITA because I can't drink anything from that fridge for those 2 days, but it's alright. Sooner or later I may switch out my regulators from fridge to fridge, as I seem to be doing all my force-carbing in the big fridge these days, and it's make more sense that way.

The 2 beers named certainly use different carbonation levels so that is the advantage of a dual regulator. I bought a dual because I can force carb one keg and serve on the other. For me that was the advantage versus the cost.

Yeah I was kinda leaning toward the dual regulator because of the fact the beers are so different.

Another alternative is to use secondary regulators. These run off the primary's output and can be much cheaper because they run a lower pressures. I have a primary, which supplies 35 psi to the soda keg and the secondaries. Each secondary has two gas lines, so I can have five kegs at three pressures.

Back