Disney World

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BertusBrew

Reaction score
I am going to Disney World, FL in less than a week. I have already looked up all the beer available around the parks and resorts through Beersandears.net. What I want to know is if there are any decent bottle shops nearby that I can pick up some Florida brews and bring them back to Chicago. I am not renting a car so I will have to cab it from Port Orleans Riverside (Disney resort I am staying at).

What I have found in my limited experiences in FL, is that the bottle shops only offer spirits. And that most all of the high point beers are offered at the grocers. And most all of the grocers, within any given area, offer the same selections.

We were there about 18 months ago, the best selection place we found was at the Whole Foods, but we didnt search that long. In the short time we were there, I felt like Orlando is lacking in the beer department.

Rent a car and drive the hour or so to Cigar City in Tampa. Smuggle... ahem.... bring as much home as possible. Consider your children as mules. Throw away all your clothes and fill your suitcases. They sell clothes in Chicago, but not Cigar City beer.

Ha, I wish I could get to Tampa, but I don't think that's possible without my family vacation ending in divorce or worse. I do make it to Florida often and Cigar City is fantastic.

I was hoping for local. Looks like Whole Foods is my best bet so far.

Ha, I wish I could get to Tampa, but I don't think that's possible without my family vacation ending in divorce or worse. I do make it to Florida often and Cigar City is fantastic.
Good beer will make it well worth it!

The total wine here carries a few Florida craft beers. It makes me sad when people ask about craft beer in Florida because there are only a hand full of the breweries that are big enough to distribute. Even here locally.

There are several small breweries but most are very small and or just starting up.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The total wine here carries a few Florida craft beers. It makes me sad when people ask about craft beer in Florida because there are only a hand full of the breweries that are big enough to distribute. Even here locally.

There are several small breweries but most are very small and or just starting up.

That about sums it up. Tons of small breweries near me, but only a couple distribute (cigar city is one of them).

Go to the Total Wine store locator. They have a great selection at my local one.

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/storeL...playStoreLocatorSearchResults=Y&var=d&ckey=US

cocoa beach is the closest beach to orlando and they prob have a good selection around there plus you can hide the trip with a trip to the "beach" lol :)

ABC Liquor should carry a bunch of cigar city, intuition ale works and possibly bold city.

If there is a Publix or Winn Dixie close by they may or may not have a singled selection it seems 50/50 in those stores. They both carry Florida craft though. At least they do in Jacksonville where I am.

There is an ABC a little north of the Crossroads shopping center near Downtown Disney. I haven't been there in years, so I do not know what they currently have. May be worth a stop though.

Back