Disc Golf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That's cool you grew up with Dave Feldberg. Pretty random. :)

If any disc golf brewers are in the Santa Barbara area, I'm always down for either. I brew about every 2 weeks (AG) and toss the mighty discus about 3-4 times/week. The Goleta Evergreen Course is my local stomping ground.

What's your (you guys') favorite tasty brew on a relaxed day on the course? I go between the random Mexican lager (for hot days) and any number of local brews, IPAs mostly. Almost always a bomber unless a larger group necessitates a shared half case,etc.
I've only had my own brew a couple of times while playing. Don't really know why...I prefer my homebrew from the proper glass, but a specifically disc golf brew might have to make it into the rotation. hmmm....

Dymn hippies with your frisbees and weed. (Do you have any going spare, by the way?)

i play regular golf, does that count? i did see a course around here once, looked pretty crappy though. sounds like its pretty big in the midwest.

What's your (you guys') favorite tasty brew on a relaxed day on the course?

Sly Fox cans: Royal Weisse in the summer, Dark Larger in the winter, and both Pikeland Pils and Phoenix Pale Ale mixed in at random times.

I prefer not to have bottles on the course when I play.

Though I took a road trip to play some Maryland courses last weekend and brought dome Lord Chesterfield with me (Yuengling's "ale"). It was cold as heck out out - I am not sure that it hit double digits until after noon at some point. The lord Chesterfield held up fine as they were 12 ouncers... but the Foster's oil cans that one of my buddy's brought always turned into slushies before he was done - lol.

Wow! That's cold! Besides the last couple of days, the last two weeks have been in the 70s on this coast. Great weather for play. Too bad I sprained the hell out of my ankle playing a safari round on Monday though...Won't be able to play for at least another week. That, however, won't stop me from brewing later today!

I recently got interested in disc golf. I don't take it very seriously but it's always fun to take a backpack of beer and a few friends to the course. great way to spend an afternoon.

Bumping for disc golf!

I am taking it up. Just got discs in the middle of week and have only been able to practice at night by throwing at my yard light post.
I also nailed a feral cat with a backhand roller outside of work last night!
Lost my aviar last night on a short roller that hooked somewhere though.
Stupid dark!
I think I'm gonna get some glow discs and a blacklight LED flashlight.

Back