Digiboil on extension cord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtvann

Reaction score
So I tested my digiboil out of the box to make sure it works. I should have either not used an extension cord, or should have used a larger gauge one.

It worked no problem. I figured if there was a problem, it would trip a breaker, or just wouldnt work at all. It worked fine. Today though, I cant unplug it at all from the extension cord. It's like its welded together?

It wont budge at all. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1596900159798144988169015374304.jpg
    1596900159798144988169015374304.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
So I tested my digiboil out of the box to make sure it works. I should have either not used an extension cord, or should have used a larger gauge one.

It worked no problem. I figured if there was a problem, it would trip a breaker, or just wouldnt work at all. It worked fine. Today though, I cant unplug it at all from the extension cord. It's like its welded together?

It wont budge at all. Any ideas?

After a long time and stupid hard pulling, I got it off. Only thing I can think of is that I may have used a 10 amp rated cord, and the digiboil pulls 15. Wasnt paying attention. Figured something would trip though. Found a 15 amp rated cord for next time.

This is so crazy you just posted this. This just happened to me last weekend. Only, I could not get it to unplug and it ended up pulling the wiring out of the digiboil cord. I had to cut both the extension cord and the digiboil cord and have picked up new plugs to replace.
I have used the digiboil 30 some times? Only use for strike and sparge water. This time, however I used a different extension cord than I usually do. Must be a smaller gauge. Lesson learned.

Yea, definitely get a bigger gauge cord. I can run my T500 (1500W) at full and foundry at 75% on one 120v/20a circuit using a christmas tree cord that my boss had lying around. Haven't had any issues in around 15 batches.

Back