Digiboil 220v help with outlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samudell

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the digiboil 220v thinking I would just plug it into the dryer outlet but the plug adapters are different. What do I need to do to fix this? This first plug is digiboil and the second is the dryer.
20190621_234916.jpeg
20190621_235001.jpeg

Your dryer receptacle is the older NEMA 10-3 style.

It is still fairly easy to find NEMA 10-30 plugs with a cord attached. The separate replacement NEMA 10-30 plugs only without an attached cord seem a little common, but are still out there.

If you find a replacement plug you will need to make sure it holds the wire on the Digiboil securely, since I believe the cord may be smaller gauge wire.

Last edited:
Your dryer receptacle is the older NEMA 10-3 style.

It is still fairly easy to find NEMA 10-30 plugs with a cord attached. The separate replacement NEMA 10-30 plugs only without an attached cord seem a little common, but are still out there.

If you find a replacement plug you will need to make sure it holds the wire on the Digiboil securely, since I believe the cord may be smaller gauge wire.
Bought a dryer cord today, going to replace the cord tomorrow

I am just getting around to fixing this. The wire in the digiboil is 14 gauge and the dryer cord is 10 gauge. Will this still be ok to use the dryer cord?
20190911_111949.jpeg

It should be fine electrically. Just use the appropriate sized crimp connectors. Make sure the crimps are attached securely. Poor quality connectors and faulty installation are a major cause of over-heated wiring in heating appliance of all types.

Finding the appropriate strain relief for the cord may be a bit more of a challenge.

If the dryer cord is the flat type, you might be able to do like I did and use a romex-style strain relief.

You may need to enlarge the hole in the housing for the replacement strain relief.

Last edited:
I am just getting around to fixing this. The wire in the digiboil is 14 gauge and the dryer cord is 10 gauge. Will this still be ok to use the dryer cord?View attachment 643782
Did you ever get your wiring figured out? I'm looking to buy this exact unit. Do you like it? Does it boil mash good? Are you doing extract or all grain kits? I have so many questions lol

Yes, I used a 3 prong dryer cord. I had to drill the hole a little bigger but no other issues. I love it, it makes brewing indoors easy. It has a good rolling boil. I do all grain with biab and usually get 83% efficiency.
Did you ever get your wiring figured out? I'm looking to buy this exact unit. Do you like it? Does it boil mash good? Are you doing extract or all grain kits? I have so many questions lol

Latest posts

Back