Difference between Hallertau & Hallertuer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddO

Reaction score
Brewing Ed Worts Bavarian and just realized that the hops I asked for - Hallertau are in fact Hallertauer. Probably spelling that wrong as well..

Any difference? Im too far deep into this Hefe to change now but just curious. I'm really a hophead but this is my first Hefe so I am not familiar at all with these hops. Any info appreciated..

Thanks-

The Hallertau hops and Hallertauer hops are the same. Another identical and hop with similar names is Tettnang and tettnanger

Nice, thanks for the quick reply. Just tripped out a little after punching my numbers into Hopville and notied they have two separate listings.

Hallertau is a region in Germany where they grow hops. Hallertauer is something that comes from Hallertau. So basically, same difference.

Thanks for the links and the info - much appreciated and helpful.
HOLY %!@##@$! I've been spending the last TWO months looking for tettnanger and all I could ever find was that stupid tettnang. Boy is my face red!!
That sucks. But I assume you are just being an assholer . :)

HOLY %!@##@$! I've been spending the last TWO months looking for tettnanger and all I could ever find was that stupid tettnang. Boy is my face red!!!

LOL! I was the other way around. (though a little research, figured there wasn't much a diff, if any)

Its just 'spices' in cooking. Plenty of substitutions and 'close enoughs', said the newbie

Back