Did I lose my beer because I waited too long???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoBrewMeister

Reaction score
I brewed a summer wheat-ish beer about two months ago. After one week I racked and went to a secondary. It has been in the secondary since then, about 7 weeks. I have been traveling and couldn't find the time to bottle (I know, terrible excuse).I'm wondering if it will still be okay after spending that long in a secondary. Thoughts?

Thanks,
BrewMeister

No worries. I racked a Cerveza into secondary in April last year, and got so busy with work I forgot about it until late July. It smelled & looked fine. Bottled it and it was a great brew for part of August through Labor Day.

it will be fine. I brewed up a wheat beer in January 2013, transferred to secondary the first week of feb and bottled on 4th of July. The last beer I drank from that batch was on christmas eve this last year when I brewed up my next batch. The first batch I used a buddy's equipment and it was over at his house. We got very busy with work and didn't have time to bottle.

Back