DG clone: 3+weeks still Krausen 1.020

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantNH

Reaction score
I just need some opinions. I brewed the DG clone recipe found here on 3/15. I used the Wyeast Eruo ale. This thing has had a 1-2 inch Krausen from the start and it just wont drop. I finally took a gravity reading tonight and it is at 1.020. Which makes me think that it is just not done fermenting. The sample tasted great. I assume that with the Krausen those yeasties are still doing something. I just find it hard to believe they are still fermenting away after this much time.

For the last 1 1/2 weeks i have gently swirled the fermentor every third morning to get the yeast into suspension. Each time after I get home from work that day the yeast is at or above where it was before the swirl. It falls a little over the next couple days but won't clear the surface. The beer is also extremely cloudy. No signs of clearing at all.

Anyone have any ideas? I assume just let the yeasties do there thing and if it takes 2 months to clear, it takes 2 months. Since it tastes great I am not worried about a ruined batch.

Just curious what might be going on I guess.

Latest posts

Back