DFH Red & White Hitting Stores Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freyguy

Reaction score
DFH Red & White is hitting the stores now. I tried to get some at the Brewpub on Sunday, but they had a delay in shipping. My wife has been calling around today and found a store where they just delivered. She's picking up 4 bottles (750ml) for me after work. I'm not sure why she's being so nice. I'm expecting bad news when I get home. Something like, "I'm carrying another mans baby" or something like that! :cross: I really won't care, because I hope she waits until I polish off a bottle before she tells me. :drunk:

But anyway, great beer, and just wanted to give the heads up on this. I'm getting 4 to start. 1 to drink and 3 to cellar.

Here's a blip from dogfish.com:

A big, belgian-style Wit brewed with coriander and orange peel and fermented with Pinot Noir juice. After fermentation a fraction of the batch is aged in Oregon Pinot Noir barrels, and another fraction is aged on oak staves. The beer is blended together before packaging.

This has been one of our most popular Limited Edition beers at both our Rehoboth Beach, DE brewpub and at festivals. It successfully marries the refreshing citrusy qualities of a Belgian-style white beer with the robust complexity of a bold red wine.

10% abv

Next time I'm visit my parents in Lewes, I'll have to swing by the Rehoboth Beach location and give 'em a try. Thanks for the heads up, my SWMBO really wanted to try these too.

Excellent...I will have to keep my eye out for it. I am surprised I didn't see it last night at my local take-out that usually has a good selection of DFH.

I did grab a bottle of the latest Burton Baton batch. Interesting...not overwhelming on the oak flavor but waaaaay too sweet with an overly thick mouthfeel. 10% but you would never know it from the flavor.

Latest posts

Back