DFH 120 minute IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruteforce

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So finally had my first bottle of this on Tuesday. I'm pretty open to extreme beers, and I do sort of have this love affair with their 90 minute, but 120 wasn't as great as I thought. Did I succumb to the 120 minutes of hype? Is there something I'm missing? I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't quite it.

I enjoy a bottle now and then, but I find it far from an IPA. 60 and 90 are solid IPA's. 120 is more of a Barley Wine.

I feel the same way about Pliney :)eek:). It's ok, but I don't get all the hype. I'm not even sure it would barely crack my personal top 10 IPA list.

Good to hear I'm not the only one. 120 is a solid beer, but not what I was expecting. 90 minute, dirt wolf, and enjoy by are my top 3 right now, but my bourbon barrel burton (not really an ipa, but its pale and hoppy) is moving up the list.

I enjoyed 120 minute, but I think it's more of a novelty than it is a great beer. I was pretty underwhelmed by it after the hype, but still a pretty neat experience I guess after how hard it was to find.

Plus I got a pretty good buzz off of the one bottle....

Back