Designing my label...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRoche00

Reaction score
I have decided to call my brews Duck Head Ale (after my fraternity mascot, the duck). I do plan to take it professional one day. Two questions:

1) I'm no lawyer, but does anyone think this will be copyright infringment with the popular clothing label, Duck Head?

2) Im having trouble designing a logo that is not too similar to that of Duck Head Clothing, any suggestions?

Cheers!

Now? Certainly not. If you "take it professional one day", well I'm no lawyer, but from what I have read in my business books..... yeah I would say so.

It's like the world's oldest profession, it's legal if you give it away, but not if you try to sell it.

I actually think making beer is the oldest profession, the other one was invented to obtain other people's beer!

Well crap. There goes my hopes. And I really liked that name.

Maybe I will chage it to Duck Call, or Duck Tail...

It's got to be a sad anal company that worries about some guys homebrew label design. I pinch stuff from anywhere I can. Cut and paste with some text is as good I it gets on my labels

Back