Denver Brewpubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmorebrew

Reaction score
Hi all,
I will be traveling to Colorado next Monday for the week for work, and my flight gets in to Denver at 10:30am. I will have several hours before I need to catch my shuttle to Fort Collins early in the evening so I am looking for the best way to spend my afternoon in/around Denver. I will not have a car, so I will need something that is near whatever public transportation is offered to/from the airport (ie, rail, bus, etc). Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

First off, I fly into baltimore every time I go to harrisburg to see the wife's family, and I love inner harbor.

Second, I dont know how much time you'll have, but the trip from DIA to down town by bus is a good hour ride. So if you have like 4 hours you could head down town.

If you take the bus from DIA to down town you'll end up RIGHT on the 16th street mall (on the north end of it). It's the open mall for down town. It's a good mile or mile and a half to the end and it has a lot of brew pubs and other places to eat and shop all along the street on both sides. There is also a free tram that rides up and down the mall every few minutes so you dont have to walk it and can get back to your bus to get back to DIA quick.

Just make sure you have enough time to get back to catch your ride to fort collins.

check out the Great Divide brewing company. 2201 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80205 (303) 296-9460 ext. 26. Its right near the light rail. Really nice people there, and some of the beers are very excellent (i.e. Yeti stout)

For a good tap room with an eclectic selection of beers, go to the Falling Rock Tap House. http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/ Edit - they don't brew their own here, but the selection is ridiculous - they even have a great selection of several year old cellared beers.

The Wynkoop is also worth checking out. http://www.wynkoop.com/

And my personal favorite - Vine Street Pub. This is the newest in the Mountain Sun family of brewpubs. They don't distribute, so this is the only way you could get some of their beer, and they always have tons of excellent selections. http://www.mountainsunpub.com/ 1700 Vine Street, Denver, CO 80206 (303)388-BEER

check out the Great Divide brewing company. 2201 Arapahoe Street
Denver, CO 80205 (303) 296-9460 ext. 26. Its right near the light rail. Really nice people there, and some of the beers are very excellent (i.e. Yeti stout)

For a good tap room with an eclectic selection of beers, go to the Falling Rock Tap House. http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/ Edit - they don't brew their own here, but the selection is ridiculous - they even have a great selection of several year old cellared beers.

The Wynkoop is also worth checking out. http://www.wynkoop.com/

And my personal favorite - Vine Street Pub. This is the newest in the Mountain Sun family of brewpubs. They don't distribute, so this is the only way you could get some of their beer, and they always have tons of excellent selections. http://www.mountainsunpub.com/ 1700 Vine Street, Denver, CO 80206 (303)388-BEER

Agreed. However I would do it in this order:

1. Falling Rock
2. Wynkoop
3. Vine
4. Great Divide

Also, while you're in Fort Collins do yourself a favor and go to Odells brewery, have dinner at Coopersmiths (great brew pub), and hit up New Belgium and Fort Collins breweries if you're able.

I think if I were to put it in order, I'd say:

1. Vine
2. Falling Rock
3. Wynkoop
4. Great Divide

But it all depends on your schedule really, and the easiest places to get to. And jmkratt is right, O'Dells is an absolute must while in Fort Collins. Most people go to New Belgium and don't think twice about O'Dells (if they're not from CO), but O'Dells makes far superior beer (in my opinion).

But it all depends on your schedule really, and the easiest places to get to. And jmkratt is right, O'Dells is an absolute must while in Fort Collins. Most people go to New Belgium and don't think twice about O'Dells (if they're not from CO), but O'Dells makes far superior beer (in my opinion).

I second your opinion :mug:

A brand new brewery is also opening today I think. It is a bit south and west of downtown and is called Strange Brewing Company. Im going to check them out this week!

Thanks, some great ideas there. Big bonus, I've always heard great things about Fat Tire but have never had one. This will be my chance.

/gasp I cant believe I left out the new belgum brew tour. They give you pretty much 4 free beers on the tour, and it's pretty interesting. Definitely check that out.

/gasp I cant believe I left out the new belgum brew tour. They give you pretty much 4 free beers on the tour, and it's pretty interesting. Definitely check that out.

You need reservations for that tour now. I have heard of people showing up to see if people with reservations don't show so you can get in though.

Not sure how many samples they serve any more.

Agree with all of the suggestions but personally I would not venture into downtown Denver from DIA unless you take a shuttle and that will cost you around $60 round trip. I would save my money and thirst for Ft. Collins. Agree on O'Dell's and there are a number of other great smaller places near the CSU campus. Montanaandy

I am staying in Denver for the week. I need some supplies so I think I am going to check out Dry Dock/Brew Hut. It is pretty far south from DIA, The rail goes down that way. They have been winning lots of awards lately. If you can make it, try that out. I am going there straight away after this boring conference is over.

I am staying in Denver for the week. I need some supplies so I think I am going to check out Dry Dock/Brew Hut. It is pretty far south from DIA, The rail goes down that way. They have been winning lots of awards lately. If you can make it, try that out. I am going there straight away after this boring conference is over.

The light rail does go down towards the Brew Hut but it would be quite a walk from the station to the brewery/store. It could be done though and they are awesome. It would be a really cheap cab ride for sure.

Coopersmiths is best for a beer and a bite save your energy and take the New Belgium tour you will not regret mile high beer drinking

Hi all,
I will be traveling to Colorado next Monday for the week for work, and my flight gets in to Denver at 10:30am. I will have several hours before I need to catch my shuttle to Fort Collins early in the evening so I am looking for the best way to spend my afternoon in/around Denver. I will not have a car, so I will need something that is near whatever public transportation is offered to/from the airport (ie, rail, bus, etc). Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedule...F&routeType=9&direction=W-Bound&serviceType=3

Also many of the shuttles do pick up downtown at some of the hotels. I am not sure if there is a route from Downtown to Ft Collins but it is worth a call

I second drydock a great pub they tapped a new recipe pilsner today and its delicious oh yeah if you can get to them on a friday the have firken fridays

Back