Denver Breweries and Bars?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Nid_Hog

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Denver for work in November. I won't have time to make any trips out of the city, but I'm looking for some must-visit craft breweries or beer bars downtown. I'll be staying near the convention center. Any suggestions?

We just got back from GABF there and Rock bottom on 16th is a solid place for some good beer. But just stay in the vicinity of 16th and you will run into a ton of places selling great craft.

Falling Rock Tap House, almost always has Pliny on tap.

World of Beer, awesome tap list during GABF. I assume solid most of the year.

5280 Burger Bar and Ice Cream, beer selection was meh, but the burgers and ice cream were worth checking it out. The jalapeño poppers are awesome.

Star Bar for fun?

Crooked Stave is East of downtown but is a cheap Uber ride.

VooDoo Doughnuts because the obvious. (Open 24/7, cash only).

Tons of smaller breweries downtown, just ask around.

Euclid Hall for some pountine and their other awesome eats.

I was hoping to see a little more activity on this thread. My son just moved to Denver, and I imagine a trip there will be in the works soon. Good to know where to go to finally get to try Pliny!

C'mon guys and gals, give us more!

Who needs bars in Colorado? You have better options in that state....

I got back from Denver about 4 weeks ago, first time there. I went to LowDown Brewery, Wynkoop Brewery, and Denver Beer Co. Did not have a bad beer the entire time.

Here is my usual list for these threads:
I would recommend the ones I’ve bolded

These 3 are little out from the others and not easily walked to, but cheap Uber from Downtown.
Crooked Stave – sour / brett beers – 33rd and Brighton in the Source building
Black Shirt Brewing – 37th and walnut
Great Divide – They just opened last month across from Crooked Stave. I haven't been to the new place, but will report back after this Sunday

These are 2-3 blocks apart from each other, so easy to grab a beer or 2 at each and head to the next one. The main issue might be getting food at most of these. They typically have food trucks.

Epic – 30th and Walnut
Our Mutual Friend – 28th and Larimer
River North – 24th and blake
Blue Moon at the Sandlot – 21st and blake – part of Coors Field (not sure hours now)
NOT A BREWERY – Falling Rock Tap House – 50+ taps and food
Jagged Mt – 20th and Lawrence
Wynkoop – 18th and Wynkoop - has food

These 2 are also apart from the others;
Denver Beer Company – 17th and Platte -
Prost – 20th and Central (across I-25) - good if you like German styles
NOT A BREWERY, but lots of taps and good food. – Ale House at Amatos – 16th and Central

forgot to add my usual map link:
http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/p/denver-area-breweries-map.html

Here is my usual list for these threads:
I would recommend the ones I’ve bolded

These 3 are little out from the others and not easily walked to, but cheap Uber from Downtown.
Crooked Stave – sour / brett beers – 33rd and Brighton in the Source building
Black Shirt Brewing – 37th and walnut
Great Divide – They just opened last month across from Crooked Stave. I haven't been to the new place, but will report back after this Sunday

These are 2-3 blocks apart from each other, so easy to grab a beer or 2 at each and head to the next one. The main issue might be getting food at most of these. They typically have food trucks.

Epic – 30th and Walnut
Our Mutual Friend – 28th and Larimer
River North – 24th and blake
Blue Moon at the Sandlot – 21st and blake – part of Coors Field (not sure hours now)
NOT A BREWERY – Falling Rock Tap House – 50+ taps and food
Jagged Mt – 20th and Lawrence
Wynkoop – 18th and Wynkoop - has food

These 2 are also apart from the others;
Denver Beer Company – 17th and Platte -
Prost – 20th and Central (across I-25) - good if you like German styles
NOT A BREWERY, but lots of taps and good food. – Ale House at Amatos – 16th and Central

forgot to add my usual map link:
http://www.fermentedlychallenged.com/p/denver-area-breweries-map.html

That map and list is INSANE! That's it! I'm retiring and moving to Denver!!! Denver metro is less than half the population of Houston metro, and I don't think we have more than 10-12 breweries, half of those having opened in the last three years. I stopped counting on your list when I got to 25 and I was still in the Cs!!! And the fact that so many of them are located so close to each other. Ours are spread out all over the huge Houston area. Most are probably 5-10 miles away from the next closest one. I've never visited more than one in the same day. I hope you Mile-highers know how lucky you are!

That map and list is INSANE! That's it! I'm retiring and moving to Denver!!! Denver metro is less than half the population of Houston metro, and I don't think we have more than 10-12 breweries, half of those having opened in the last three years. I stopped counting on your list when I got to 25 and I was still in the Cs!!! And the fact that so many of them are located so close to each other. Ours are spread out all over the huge Houston area. Most are probably 5-10 miles away from the next closest one. I've never visited more than one in the same day. I hope you Mile-highers know how lucky you are!

I know I do.

Not to rub it in, but check out the Boulder map.

Wow, thanks for all the ideas. I can't wait to check them out. Crooked Stave has been at the top of my list for a while, but I'm excited to visit the others. Thanks guys!

Wow, thanks for all the ideas. I can't wait to check them out. Crooked Stave has been at the top of my list for a while, but I'm excited to visit the others. Thanks guys!

I need to amend my list. Add mockery to your list. You can get a cab to great divide barrel room and walk to crooked stave and mockery from there.
Photos in order:
Mockery, great divide them crooked stave

View attachment 1444597808453.jpg

View attachment 1444597831119.jpg

View attachment 1444597844669.jpg

Don't get a cab, use Uber.

Watch out for the lady/man that drove us down the wrong side of the road in Littleton.

Yeah I lived in Colorado the last five years before moving and Denver was a place I never had enough time for. As for craft bars.... throw a rock any and I mean any direction you will hit one. Breweries, I would say "BSB" or black shirt is one of my personal favorites. I remember the three guys installing their equipment before thy opened. Great divide has one of my favorite beers called "titian IPA'' simply amazing. There is this outdoor mall on 16th street and there is a hard rock there. Ignore that crap and head to the 719 or something like that burger place behind it amazing. Also the Chop house has their own brew house as well great porter and IPA. Wyncoop is the oldest one in Denver and I want to say the state its amazing, they had a Silver back pale ale that was amazing, my friends and I called it "angel piss" but sold their recipe. And Last but not least falling ROCK tap house. No Crap On Tap is the motto and they mean it. The best bar in LODO hands down. Good luck I wish I could be your tour guide hahaha

Back