Dent in fermenter.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frothy3001

Reaction score
Hi fellow brewers. I just received a 7 gallon conical fermenter, it has a small dent pushing in right on the conical join area, it looks smooth in shape about 1 inch diameter. will this be an issue down the road?

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aem238puv3q6k8l/IMAG0272.jpg

Probably not. If you got it for a scratch and dent price, rock on. If you paid full boat, ask for a replacement or a partial refund.

i paid full boat, brand new, so im disappointed to say the least. probably shipping but who knows. Its from Stout kettles and i hear they give good service, so i will wait and see.

Glad to hear they are making it right!
How long before you see the re[placement?
Hope it makes it without issues this time.

Well UPS denied the claim, and it was obvious that it was damage from shipping. Way to keep your standards low UPS, as per usual. Anyways, as soon as UPS denied the claim, John called me and took care of it. As soon as i got of the phone, 10 minutes later i received a tracking number for the new tank in the mail. Very pleased with the service. should be here this week or the next. Sent US postal service this time. Cheers to Stout for taking care of business.

Back